What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by your browser (for example Internet Explorer or Safari) on your device (for example on your computer or phone). They enable websites to store user information such as preferences and settings. In principle, cookies enable websites to remember users and their preference settings for that particular website, so that the website can respond accordingly and can gain more insight into regular visitors of the website.
What types of cookies are there?
We differentiate between different types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: These are necessary for a proper operation of the website. They ensure, for instance, that the desired information is shown quickly and correctly each time you visit our website. No consent is needed for placing functional cookies.
- Analytical cookies: We use these to analyse how our website is used. For example how often our website is visited, on which page you enter our website and the areas on our website that are visited most frequently. No consent is needed for placing these cookies because there are no privacy consequences.
- Tracking cookies: These are cookies that can follow your surfing behaviour. That way we and advertisers can show personalised online ads and tailor-made content based on your surfing behaviour. We ask for you consent for placing these cookies.
- Social media plug-in cookies: Social media plug-in cookies are used to show social media content on our website. We ask for your consent for placing these cookies.
We use both session-cookies (disappear when the web browser is closed) and permanent cookies (remain on your device unless they are deleted). Below you will find an overview of the cookies we use.
FORA Handelsgesellschaft mbH places the following cookies:
|Which party places the cookie?||Cookie names||Purpose||Do we ask permission?||How long is the cookie stored?|
|_gid||Used to differentiate between users||No, unless it has privacy consequences||24 hours|
|_ga||Used to differentiate between users||No, unless it has privacy consequences||2 years|
Third party cookies
It is possible that, during your visit to FORA Handelsgesellschaft mbH’s website, there are a number of active cookies that have nothing to do with FORA Handelsgesellschaft mbH or its suppliers. When you visit a page with embedded content from YouTube or Flickr, it is possible that cookies from these websites are offered to you. FORA Handelsgesellschaft mbH does not control these cookies. For more information about these cookies you should check the relevant websites of these third parties.
- Cookie-settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie-settings in Firefox
- Cookie-settings in Chrome
- Cookie-settings in Safari mobile in iOS
Limiting cookies may influence the functionality of FORA Handelsgesellschaft mbH’s website.
For more information about cookies you can also follow the following links:
For further legal information about privacy you can follow the following links:
FORA Handelsgesellschaft mbH is not responsible for the content of external websites.
This cookie statement was published on 23-06-2020.
We continuously work to supplement and improve this statement.
We therefore recommend that you regularly check this statement to keep up with any changes.